Cromer Shed is an exclusive-use campground and shelter set within low-lying, open native vegetation. The area is suitable for group stays and events, and provides easy access to nearby walking and bike trails.
PLEASE NOTE: The ForestrySA online accommodation booking system is undergoing scheduled maintenance and is not in operation. It will not be available for use from 20 February 2017 until 6 March 2017. Sorry for any inconvenience. We look forward to receiving your booking then.
How to get there
From the Mount Crawford Information Centre turn left onto Warren Road, follow for 2.5km, turn left on to Cricks Mill Road (to Mount Pleasant), follow for 3.5km and turn into Cromer Forest. The campground is located through the gate and to the left.
View Cromer Shed in a larger map
GPS: -34˚45΄7.5˝ 138˚59΄50.9˝
Facilities and features
- Large, three-sided shelter shed
- Internal fireplace and wood barbecue
- External picnic tables
- Fire pit
- Rainwater (not suitable for drinking)
- Internal and external solar lighting
- Overnight bookings are available between 1 April and 30 November. A minimum of two nights must be booked between Friday and Sunday
- All organised groups must discuss their activities with the ForestrySA Ranger prior to booking
- $65.00 per night (all inclusive)
Arrival and departure
- 12pm arrival, 10am departure
- Please contact the Mount Crawford Information Centre one day prior to arrival to arrange shed access:
phone (08) 8521 1700 (10am - 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Terms and conditions of use
- Many organised competitions and events are held in the Mount Crawford and Kuitpo Forest Reserves. These require the submission of an event application, which are approved on a case by case basis. If your accommodation booking relates to an event please contact the Mount Crawford or Kuitpo Information Centres for more information. Please note that booking of a facility does not necessarily mean your event will be approved. Events need to be booked a minimum of four weeks in advance. ( link to Event Application form )
- You are not permitted to drive in the forest. Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only
- The gate to Cromer Shed must be kept locked
- The use of generators is not permitted. Please consider other forest users and keep noise levels down
- Fires: Wood fires are permitted from 1 May to 31 October. Gas fires are permitted from 1 April to 30 November. Dead, fallen timber can be collected from adjoining pine plantations and used for firewood. It is an offence to cut standing timber. Someone must be present at all times and ensure that the fire is
fully extinguished before departure
- Dogs are permitted, provided they are kept under control at all times. Please be aware of fox baiting programs operating in the area
- Cleaning: The shed, toilet and grounds must be left in a clean and tidy state, with all rubbish removed
- Other conditions may be imposed by the ForestrySA Ranger
- ENTRY INTO THE FOREST IS NOT PERMITTED ON DAYS OF TOTAL FIRE BAN
- All cancellations must be made at least 30 days prior to the check in date and will incur a $15 ($AUD) cancellation fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations made within 30 days of check in date.
- Cancellations are to be reported to the ForestrySA Rangers, and upon approval (provided the cancellation is made at least 30 days prior to the check in date) you will be refunded the cost of the booking less the $15 ($AUD) cancellation fee.
- ForestrySA reserves the right to cancel bookings without prior notice, and with no liability to ForestrySA. On the instances where ForestrySA cancels your booking, you will be refunded 100% of the cost of the booking.