About Rocky Paddock
Rocky Paddock was named among the RAA Magazine’s Top 10 Australian Campgrounds in 2014 – and for good reason!
Camping and public use of this campground is managed to ensure the continued, sustainable health of the forest and enjoyment to users. Please enjoy the site within guidelines to promote a healthy future for our forest.
Facilities and features
- 30 designated camping sites
- Pit toilet
- Fire pits
- Picnic tables
- Rainwater (not suitable for drinking)
- Beautiful natural rocky outcrops
All campsites operate on a first in, first served basis. To check availability, please contact the Mount Crawford Forest Information Centre on 8521 1700.
Fees and permits
Fees apply for camping at Rocky Paddock Campground. The basic fees are $5 per adult per night, $2 per child per night. Camping permits can be obtained from the Mount Crawford Forest Information Centre located on Warren Road. This is a self-registration permit system, available 24hrs per day at the Information Centre.
To use the self-registration permit system:
- Fill out the form provided.
- Take the top copy of this form with you.
- Place the second copy with the correct money into the envelope provided, seal it and place it into the locked box.
- Place the top copy onto the dash of your vehicle so that it can be viewed by a Ranger.
A Forest Ranger will check your permit while on patrol. Penalties apply for vehicles not displaying a valid permit.
How to get there
Rocky Paddock Campground is located in the Mount Crawford Forest, a short drive from the Mount Crawford Forest Information Centre on Warren Road.
GPS: 34.7192° S, 138.9400° E.