Latest Alerts BOOKING SYSTEM DOWN | 27-05-2022 | Please be patient, we’ll be back online soon! Full details

Commercial operators

Have you organised your licence?

Any business, organisation or individual carrying out commercial activities on ForestrySA land must first obtain a licence and pay the relevant fee.

Commercial activities may include guided tours, instructional or educational courses and leisure activities that are conducted for fee or reward.

Such commercial activities may include:

  • Bushwalking
  • Camping
  • Bike riding
  • Star-gazing
  • Orienteering and rogaining
  • Four-wheel driving
  • Birdwatching
  • Wildlife observation
  • Coach and bus tours
  • Boating activities
  • Forest events

Filming and photography

A permit is required before undertaking commercial film or photography, on ForestrySA land.

Filming or photography is defined as “commercial’ when the intent is to promote a product or service and/or achieve financial gain from the filming or photography.

Of course, hobby filmmakers and photographers are welcome free of charge and no permit is required.

We would love to see your images and film, so don’t forget to tag #forestrysa when you share them online!

Image: Sherryn Amor.