Welcome to The Old School House
The Old School House is a historic stone building, providing comfortable bunk-style accommodation with some modern conveniences. Located on Springton Road in the heart of the beautiful Mount Crawford Forest, it is suitable for small group and family stays.
The forest is closed to the public on declared Total Fire Ban days. To report a fire, call 000.
The Kuitpo and Mount Crawford Forests are located within the Mount Lofty Ranges Fire Ban District. For fire ban information phone 1800 362 361 or visit the CFS website. Being aware of a Total Fire Ban is your responsibility.
Fire is prohibited on ForestrySA land and Forest Reserves between November 1 and April 30 in any year. (These dates may be extended in areas where high fire danger persists).
Facilities and features
- The Old School House sleeps 10 people. Maximum occupancy in this exclusive-use area is 20 people
- Two bunk beds, sleeping up to six people (linen not supplied)
- Separate kitchen annex with sink and benches (cutlery, crockery and cooking equipment not supplied)
- Slow combustion heater inside
- Fire pit
- Room for tents
- Solar lighting
- Rainwater (not suitable for drinking)
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Bookings are available between 1 April and 30 November.
- All organised groups must discuss their activities with the ForestrySA Ranger prior to booking
- From $141 per night
Arrival and departure
- 2pm arrival, 10am departure
- Please contact the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre one day prior to arrival to obtain access,
on (08) 8391 8800 (open 10am – 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
How to get there
The Old School House is located on Springton Road in the heart of the beautiful Mount Crawford Forest.
GPS: -34.682731912333935, 138.96688701689777