Consider a career in forestry
As a South Australian commercial and community forest manager, a position with ForestrySA can take many forms.
From forest fire management, planting and managing new forests, harvesting and marketing timber, native forest management, forest recreation management, community engagement to finance and administration, many skills are required to run our business efficiently.
ForestrySA maintains a clear focus on safety and development, supporting all staff within a team-based environment.
Located in the heart of Kuitpo Forest, ForestrySA is responsible for management of commercial pine plantations and native forests, including community and recreational access and use, on behalf of the South Australian Government.
ForestrySA is seeking a Project Coordinator to help oversee and drive the redevelopment of the purpose-built Fox Creek Bike Park with the aim to deliver economic, social, built and natural environment disaster recovery outcomes which produce enduring benefits for the Adelaide Hills community; improve resilience to future natural disasters; address the needs of user groups; and encourage broader utilisation and diversity of visitation.
Working in conjunction with the external Project Manager, the ideal candidate has qualifications in project management or similar, and experience undertaking recreational or construction development projects. Key responsibilities include internal and external stakeholder liaison, contract management, procurement and budgeting, communication and media, and engaging with the community.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- A qualification in Project Management or similar and/or demonstrated extensive experience.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills including exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, achieve required outcomes and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and facilitate interaction and cooperation with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience coordinating similar complex projects and/or understanding of recreational or construction development requirements is desirable.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract with an annual salary of $75k – $85k pa, commensurate with relevant skills and experience. Full and part time applicants will be considered.
Business Support Manager
0437 062 942
Applicants must provide letter of application (max 2 pages) which specifically addresses the essential requirements above, and include a CV listing at least two referees.
All applications must be emailed to email@example.com. Online applications will not be accepted.
ForestrySA promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace and supports equal opportunities for all applicants within its recruitment processes.
Applications close 5pm Friday 18 June 2021.