Welcome to Rocky Creek Hut
Rocky Creek Hut is an old stone cottage set within picturesque pine and eucalypt plantation. It is located in the Kuitpo Forest on Razorback Road and is a popular group stay and forest event destination.
The forest is closed to the public on declared Total Fire Ban days. To report a fire, call 000.
The Kuitpo and Mount Crawford Forests are located within the Mount Lofty Ranges Fire Ban District. For fire ban information phone 1800 362 361 or visit the CFS website. Being aware of a Total Fire Ban is your responsibility.
Fire is prohibited on ForestrySA land and Forest Reserves between November 1 and April 30 in any year. (These dates may be extended in areas where high fire danger persists).
Facilities and features
- Rocky Creek Hut sleeps 5 people. Maximum occupancy in this exclusive-use area is 10 people
- One room cottage, accommodating up to five people on two wooden platforms (linen not supplied)
- Small food preparation area with sink (crockery, cutlery and cooking equipment not supplied)
- Internal slow combustion wood heater
- Rainwater (not suitable for drinking)
- Fire pit
- Two picnic tables
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Hut booking is for the hut and the immediate vicinity in front of the hut, around the designated fire pit only
- Bookings are available between 1 April and 30 November. Day bookings are available between 1 December and 31 March
- All organised groups must discuss their activities with the ForestrySA Ranger prior to booking
- From $99 per night
Arrival and departure
- Overnight bookings: 2pm arrival, 10am departure
- Please contact the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre one day prior to arrival to obtain access:
phone (08) 8391 8800 (10am – 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
How to get there
From the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre, travel to Meadows then along Battunga Road towards Echunga for 4.3km. Turn Left on to Razorback Road, travel for 2.4km and enter the gate on the left.
GPS: -35˚8΄44˝ 138˚44΄20˝