Welcome to Woodcutter’s Cottage
Woodcutter’s Cottage is an old stone building located within the Kuitpo Forest on Brookman Road, about 45 minutes’ drive from Adelaide.
Set within ForestrySA-owned pine plantation, it has been recently renovated and is suitable for small group stays.
The forest is closed to the public on declared Total Fire Ban days. To report a fire, call 000.
The Kuitpo and Mount Crawford Forests are located within the Mount Lofty Ranges Fire Ban District. For fire ban information phone 1800 362 361 or visit the CFS website. Being aware of a Total Fire Ban is your responsibility.
Fire is prohibited on ForestrySA land and Forest Reserves between November 1 and April 30 in any year. (These dates may be extended in areas where high fire danger persists).
Facilities and features
- Woodcutter’s Cottage sleeps 11 people. Maximum occupancy in this exclusive-use area is 11 people
- Four room stone cottage, with solar-powered lighting
- Two bedrooms, sleeping up to 11 people on five bunk beds (linen not supplied)
- Kitchen with gas cooking, sink, table and chairs (cutlery, crockery and cooking equipment supplied)
- Lounge room with slow combustion wood heater and chairs
- Picnic table
- Fire pit
- Rainwater (not suitable for drinking)
- Four horse yards
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Bookings are available between 1 April and 30 November. Day bookings are available between 1 December and 31 March
- All organised groups must discuss their activities with the ForestrySA Ranger prior to booking
- From $141 per night
Arrival and departure
- Overnight bookings: 2pm arrival, 10am departure
- Please contact the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre one day prior to arrival to obtain cottage access phone (08) 8391 8800 (10am – 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
How to get there
Woodcutter’s Cottage is located within the Kuitpo Forest, 2.5km south of the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre on Brookman Road.
GPS: -35˚13΄44˝ 138˚41΄10˝