Welcome to Cromer Shed
Cromer Shed is an exclusive-use campground and shelter set within low-lying, open native vegetation on Mill Road in the Mount Crawford Forest. The area is suitable for group stays and events, and provides easy access to nearby walking and bike trails.
The forest is closed to the public on declared Total Fire Ban days. To report a fire, call 000.
The Kuitpo and Mount Crawford Forests are located within the Mount Lofty Ranges Fire Ban District. For fire ban information phone 1800 362 361 or visit the CFS website. Being aware of a Total Fire Ban is your responsibility.
Fire is prohibited on ForestrySA land and Forest Reserves between November 1 and April 30 in any year. (These dates may be extended in areas where high fire danger persists).
Facilities and features
- Cromer Shed sleeps 20 people. Maximum occupancy in this exclusive-use area is 20 people
- Large, three-sided shelter shed
- Internal fireplace and wood barbecue
- External picnic tables
- Fire pit
- Rainwater (not suitable for drinking)
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Bookings are available between 1 April and 30 November.
- All organised groups must discuss their activities with the ForestrySA Ranger prior to booking
- From $109 per night
Arrival and departure
- 2pm arrival, 10am departure
- Please contact the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre one day prior to arrival to obtain access, on (08) 8391 8800 (open 10am – 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
How to get there
From the Mount Crawford Information Centre turn left onto Warren Road, follow for 2.5km, turn left on to Cricks Mill Road (to Mount Pleasant), follow for 3.5km and turn into Cromer Forest. The campground is located through the gate and to the left.
GPS: -34˚45΄7.5˝ 138˚59΄50.9˝