Welcome to Tinjella Hut
Tinjella Hut is an exclusive-use campground located within the Kuitpo Forest on Brookman Road, just 45 minutes’ drive from Adelaide. Set within three hectares of mixed eucalypt woodland, the hut is suitable for group stays and those travelling with horses.
The forest is closed to the public on declared Total Fire Ban days. To report a fire, call 000.
The Kuitpo and Mount Crawford Forests are located within the Mount Lofty Ranges Fire Ban District. For fire ban information phone 1800 362 361 or visit the CFS website. Being aware of a Total Fire Ban is your responsibility.
Fire is prohibited on ForestrySA land and Forest Reserves between November 1 and April 30 in any year. (These dates may be extended in areas where high fire danger persists).
Facilities and features
- Two room hut, with open doorway
- Sleeping area, accommodating up to 10 people
- Food preparation area
- Open fire place
- Two picnic tables
- Fire pit
- Toilet (shared with Jack’s Paddock users)
- Rainwater (not suitable for drinking)
- Eight horse yards, suitable for overnight stays
- Minimum 2 night stay
- Bookings are available between 1 April and 30 November. Day bookings are available between 1 December and 31 March
- All organised groups must discuss their activities with the ForestrySA Ranger prior to booking
- From $109 per night
Arrival and departure
- Overnight bookings: 2pm arrival, 10am departure
- Please contact the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre one day prior to arrival to obtain hut access:phone (08) 8391 8800 (10am – 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
How to get there
Tinjella Hut is located in the Kuitpo Forest, 2.5km south of the Kuitpo Forest Information Centre, on Brookman Road.
GPS: -35˚13΄50˝ 138˚41΄6˝